Henry, the “Vicious” Dog

Allow me to demonstrate my ferocity by smooching you!

10 thoughts on “Henry, the “Vicious” Dog”

1. You should turn that phoney grumbling into teaching Henry to say “I Ruh Roo!” My lab mix does that same fake grumble and I’m working on that with her! 🙂

2. This dog is very clearly saying “please don’t do that, you are making me nervous.” She can sense it too, which is why she will give him her hand before her face several times. This could turn out badly which would in turn mean the dog getting into trouble. They need a lesson in dog body language.

3. This might seem cute to many of you , BUT it’s NOT!!! Just because these people have a “game” like this with their dog, it’s sending a horrible message that this is safe. Many will see this and try it with their dog or someone else’s and will end up with a malled face and the dog will be killed for being vicious!! The only way these poor animals can communicate is through body language and growling. LEARN it and RESPECT IT! Yes, I’m angry…. GEEZ. Please, remove this video!

4. Um, that is not KISSING and the fact that the dog then nipped at her hand after. . . not good. That pooch was not happy about his space being invaded like that. Tina is right, this should be taken down and those people need some lessons on how to treat their dog and what his reactions really mean.

5. I’m more disturbed that LifeWithDogs posted this video than what goes on in the video. Lots of people out there don’t know that this isn’t the dog being “phony”, but a website dedicated to dogs should know better. You see videos like this of small dogs (mainly Chihuahuas) all over youtube, and people think it’s cute/funny. It’s not cute or funny no matter what the size of the dog. These may be very loving owners, but they just aren’t educated about the body language of a dog. …But LifeWithDogs, shame on you to have this video listed under ‘cute dog videos’.

6. please take this down. they seem like nice people but you should exercise more responsibility in curating these videos if the aim of LWD is to celebrate dogs. poor Henry obviously wants to be left alone, is communicating this politely and clearly, yet the people he’s supposed to trust are ignoring him. when he bites her or someone else who doesn’t hear him saying “please back off,” he will most likely be put down even though biting was his only recourse. how confused and distressed he must already be by the persistent teasing of his humans.