In Harmony With Nature: A Haven for Wolf-Dogs in Florida

Unwanted wolf hybrids are a growing concern in Florida.

Kim Kapes, director of In Harmony With Nature, says that her goal is to “find them a suitable home, however long that takes.” She has dedicated her days to caring for wolf-dogs, and while she has tremendous respect for them, she’ll be the first to tell you that they are not ideal pets.

“People really think it’s cool to have a wolf-dog,” she said. “I love them, I want to help them, they’re here. But you really need to know and understand what you’re getting into.”

Kapes has seen her pack grow considerably after authorities shut down a shelter in Port Lucie, leaving her with another 17 dogs to care for. In Harmony With Nature strives to find homes for each and every dog, but for those truly unwanted cases, Kapes says she’s prepared to offer them a lifetime of love and care.

“If an animal is not adoptable, then our goal is to give them the best care for the rest of their life,” she said.

More information on In Harmony With Nature Animal Haven: http://kimkapes.com/inharmony.html

36 thoughts on “In Harmony With Nature: A Haven for Wolf-Dogs in Florida”

1. I know that CO has a lot of wolf dogs. These are not suppose to even be! Their life span is shorter and they are not dogs. Why are people playing with nature? I’m glad at least Kim is trying to help them.

2. Love the dogs. Have a cousin who had a wolfdog. My aunt made a mistake one day and left the window open. The dog climbed through and begain to chew on the wood. Anything wood. 🙂 Anyway, these dogs are beautiful. Makes me laugh to think I could walk one of these wonderful dogs through the neighborhood. Ha Ha. Make the neighbors upset. Kim is a special woman. I highly admire her. Envy her as well. May God’s blessings be apond you Kim and your special dogs.

3. I love dogs and admire wolves; which is why I think they should not be bred to each other. It might have been a good idea 10,000 years ago, but not in today’s increasingly crowded world. I have met some lovely wolf-dogs, years ago, before their breeding was outlawed in my state, and I pray that those animals lived out their lives in peace and health. Neither dogs nor wolves, they are out of place as pets; and too many people don’t know what they’re getting into when they bring home a fuzzy youngster. There is a great need for people like Kim and the work she does.

4. A friend of mine has a wolf mix- and he had a litter or pups with a full husky of hers. All lovely animals, but still wolves all the same.

A man near my apartment has SIX wolf hybrids tied up outside his home. They have food/water/shelter, but are miserable tied up like they are. I’ve always wished I could report him, but I would hate to think what would happen to them if the dog warden got a hold of them. 🙁

5. IF YOU EVER ANT MORE INFO- I OWN ONE
    IN THE CASE OF A WOLF HYBRID, CESAR MILLAN’S PHILOSOPHIES WORK BEST BC THEY FOLLOW TRUE PACK MENTALITY-
    MY BABY SKYYE IS AWESOME-
    PARTLY BC I DO REMAIN THE ALPHA PACK LEADER IN HER HOME!
    FRIEND ME AND YOU CAN SEE PICS!

6. I have a 1 year old male (not fixed) and need help. I just moved from a farm environment to a city environment and fear of him being hit by traffic. He’s a great dog tho very shy and if someone could take him I would be sad to see him go but happy to know he would be safe. Please call or text Leah and Dutch at 304 seven one nine 2999.