Rescued Great Dane Rescues Owner From Fire

Scotty Parker says he owes his life to an adopted great Dane named Clyde.

Parker was asleep Tuesday morning when a fire started in his Kellerville, Illinois home. He was roused from sleep when Clyde started tugging at his shirt. At first Parker ignored the dog and went back to sleep, but Clyde persisted. When he awoke for the second time, Parker said he heard a noise and thought someone was in the house. And then the ceiling caved in.

Parker said he was able to grab Clyde and escape unharmed. He called 911 from a neighbor’s house, and 20 firefighters responded, eventually getting the blaze under control before it spread to lower floors. They have ruled it an electrical fire that started in the attic, and say Clyde’s early warning may have prevented the home from being a total loss – aside from the fact that he likely saved Scotty Parker’s life.

3 thoughts on “Rescued Great Dane Rescues Owner From Fire”

  1. Ugh, when people say that animals don’t feel emotions or gratitude, it makes me wanna take them by their stupid human ears and SHAKE THE HELL OUT OF THEM.
    Parker got damn lucky, and it’s so great that he recognizes it 🙂
    Good job, Clyde!

    Reply

Leave a Comment