Rescued Dog Saves Box of Kittens from the Trash

9.26.13 - Scamp Saves Kittens

Some despicable humans throw animals away like they’re trash, but even these abandoned animals know better than to do something like that. A formerly homeless dog not only found six kittens in a trash heap, but he painstakingly carried them home.

Banzé, or Scamp, heard the cries of the kittens coming from a box on a trash pile in a neighborhood in São Paulo, Brazil. He gingerly tore the box apart, and like a true mother, carried them one by one to his new home.

As a dog that once fended for himself on the streets, Banzé knew how it felt to have no one care about him. He paid forward the good deed of his owner’s adoption of him, and saved those kittens from what might have been a slow and agonizing death.

This story was first reported in 2012, but Life With Dogs hadn’t caught it, and found that a story like this is always worth sharing, no matter how old!

Comments

1. Stenny says on  09/26/2013 at 1:17 am

Amazin

2. Julie says on  09/26/2013 at 11:04 am

Sweetest dog ever. I am crying at my desk right now.

3. Colleen Schilinski says on  09/26/2013 at 11:06 am

What a world we live in. Animals have more compassion that humans do. What an awesome dog, she deserves so much for being so caring, unlike the humans who threw away these adorable kittens. Goes to show that animals can have feelings for one another, even when they are truly opposites.

• Colleen Schilinski says on  09/26/2013 at 11:08 am

Talk about paying it forward too….:)

• Janice says on  09/26/2013 at 12:32 pm

Animals have more compassion because they are still innocent and haven’t been corrupted by sin as humans have. We truly live in a fallen world, but thankfully there are stories like this to lift our spirits a bit! Bless sweet Scamp!

4. Arlene says on  09/26/2013 at 6:08 pm

That was such a goooodddddd Boyyyyy!

5. Joy says on  09/26/2013 at 8:28 pm

Dogs can be more human than…..well, humans.

6. Anonymous says on  09/27/2013 at 5:51 am

This happened in Brazil, 99% sure that no one threw these kittens away, they were kittens from a stray cat ( most likely she came back from food gathering and found them gone, “wtf
    a dingo stole my babies!” ) People are soooo quick to judge.

7. Anonymous says on  09/27/2013 at 10:48 am

It amazes me that many comments imply all humans would not do this wonderful act of kindness. I know lots of people, including myself, that would have done this. I have also seen dogs attack and eat a baby kitten. So, please don’t label humans (or dogs) by this one story.

• Joyful53 says on  10/04/2013 at 11:43 pm

I have rescued a lot of cats including some kittens left in my recycle bin. I found a home for everyone of them. I had 7 cats at the time so I thought it would be best to find them a good home. I would do it again to. I know plenty of people who would do the same thing.

• The major’ US The major’ US media will not be able to maintain the iloisuln of normalcy much longer. It was pure hubris in the first place to think it could be done. When Obamas Presidency is done , they may try to blame him for everything. I don’t think it will work this time. To many people are now aware that the politicians promises of making things better are a half century old lie. For a time black shirted dogs will keep the people at bay but then , the usual revolutionary retribution will come . :(

• Anonymous says on  10/16/2013 at 7:56 pm

I agree absolutely!

8. Nora says on  09/27/2013 at 1:24 pm

Are there any updates on this story? What has happened to the kittens and where is the dog?

9. Jeanne says on  09/29/2013 at 12:45 am

Ahhh! This is such a beautiful pup with those kitties! What love and true caring! Instinctively that wonderful dog carried those kittens home to rescue. . . xoxo Thank you for sharing this amazing story.

And yes, that would be so awesome to find some kind of followup on these friends, as they found each other a year ago! Thank you again for sharing this lovely story of hope!!

10. My Dog Still Thinks He's A Puppy says on  10/04/2013 at 9:29 pm

That first picture. COME ON! Seriously. COME ON!

11. Anonymous says on  10/04/2013 at 9:33 pm

Aah. So sweet! That is love!

12. Venice Tucker says on  10/04/2013 at 9:56 pm

smart dog found lucky kittens safe lives wow amen cool good story I love it but cute dog with kittens lol :)

13. Anastacia says on  10/04/2013 at 11:47 pm

What a wonderful dog! Would love to know how he and the kittens are doing now – are they all in loving homes? I really hope they are! Can we get an update?

14. Anonymous says on  10/06/2013 at 9:28 am

That’s awesome

Woof! Woof!

15. Anonymous says on  10/10/2013 at 1:44 am

Dog’manity is higher and transcends hu’manity.

16. husky lover says on  10/11/2013 at 8:53 pm

who would have know

17. jons.thoms says on  10/23/2013 at 4:03 am

my roomate’s sister-in-law makes $60 every hour on the internet. She has been out of a job for nine months but last month her pay was $17511 just working on the internet for a few hours. Going Here …http://chilp.it/f86818

18. ficello says on  12/01/2013 at 2:22 am

Yes, this is a great story worth sharing over and over. I hope this dog is doing well, there are so many places besides the US that have even lower standards of neglect, sharing is caring and I hope this story brings care and hope to animals in need all over the world. I would love to know how this dog is doing now! Pets=Love

19. Ana Chaudhary says on  04/24/2014 at 4:42 am

Some people do not care about them. This often happens when the people are not able to take care or do not have time to take care of these innocent animals. I just hate it when someone hits or throws them. I learnt a leason in my school that “If we give a little love also to the animals, they will give us lot more than us.