Rescued Dog Saves Box of Kittens from the Trash

9.26.13 - Scamp Saves Kittens

Some despicable humans throw animals away like they’re trash, but even these abandoned animals know better than to do something like that. A formerly homeless dog not only found six kittens in a trash heap, but he painstakingly carried them home.

Banzé, or Scamp, heard the cries of the kittens coming from a box on a trash pile in a neighborhood in São Paulo, Brazil. He gingerly tore the box apart, and like a true mother, carried them one by one to his new home.

As a dog that once fended for himself on the streets, Banzé knew how it felt to have no one care about him. He paid forward the good deed of his owner’s adoption of him, and saved those kittens from what might have been a slow and agonizing death.

This story was first reported in 2012, but Life With Dogs hadn’t caught it, and found that a story like this is always worth sharing, no matter how old!

Related posts

September 26, 2013 1:17 amPosted 10 months ago
    Stenny

Amazin

Woof woof! Thumb up 14 Thumb down 1

September 26, 2013 11:04 amPosted 10 months ago
    Julie

Sweetest dog ever. I am crying at my desk right now.

Woof woof! Thumb up 25 Thumb down 0

September 26, 2013 11:06 amPosted 10 months ago
    Colleen Schilinski

What a world we live in. Animals have more compassion that humans do. What an awesome dog, she deserves so much for being so caring, unlike the humans who threw away these adorable kittens. Goes to show that animals can have feelings for one another, even when they are truly opposites.

Woof woof! Thumb up 30 Thumb down 0

September 26, 2013 11:08 amPosted 10 months ago
      Colleen Schilinski

Talk about paying it forward too….:)

Woof woof! Thumb up 14 Thumb down 0

September 26, 2013 12:32 pmPosted 10 months ago
      Janice

Animals have more compassion because they are still innocent and haven’t been corrupted by sin as humans have. We truly live in a fallen world, but thankfully there are stories like this to lift our spirits a bit! Bless sweet Scamp!

Woof woof! Thumb up 33 Thumb down 0

September 26, 2013 6:08 pmPosted 10 months ago
    Arlene

That was such a goooodddddd Boyyyyy!

Woof woof! Thumb up 12 Thumb down 0

September 26, 2013 8:28 pmPosted 10 months ago
    Joy

Dogs can be more human than…..well, humans.

Woof woof! Thumb up 19 Thumb down 0

September 27, 2013 5:51 amPosted 10 months ago
    Anonymous

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 1 Thumb down 13

September 27, 2013 10:48 amPosted 10 months ago
    Anonymous

It amazes me that many comments imply all humans would not do this wonderful act of kindness. I know lots of people, including myself, that would have done this. I have also seen dogs attack and eat a baby kitten. So, please don’t label humans (or dogs) by this one story.

Yow. What do you think? Thumb up 9 Thumb down 12

October 4, 2013 11:43 pmPosted 9 months ago
      Joyful53

I have rescued a lot of cats including some kittens left in my recycle bin. I found a home for everyone of them. I had 7 cats at the time so I thought it would be best to find them a good home. I would do it again to. I know plenty of people who would do the same thing.

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

• March 13, 2014 5:59 pmPosted 4 months ago
        Javier

The major’ US The major’ US media will not be able to maintain the iloisuln of normalcy much longer. It was pure hubris in the first place to think it could be done. When Obamas Presidency is done , they may try to blame him for everything. I don’t think it will work this time. To many people are now aware that the politicians promises of making things better are a half century old lie. For a time black shirted dogs will keep the people at bay but then , the usual revolutionary retribution will come . :(

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 1

October 16, 2013 7:56 pmPosted 9 months ago
      Anonymous

I agree absolutely!

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

September 27, 2013 1:24 pmPosted 9 months ago
    Nora

Are there any updates on this story? What has happened to the kittens and where is the dog?

Woof woof! Thumb up 7 Thumb down 0

September 29, 2013 12:45 amPosted 9 months ago
    Jeanne

Ahhh! This is such a beautiful pup with those kitties! What love and true caring! Instinctively that wonderful dog carried those kittens home to rescue. . . xoxo Thank you for sharing this amazing story.

And yes, that would be so awesome to find some kind of followup on these friends, as they found each other a year ago! Thank you again for sharing this lovely story of hope!!

Woof woof! Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

October 4, 2013 9:29 pmPosted 9 months ago
    My Dog Still Thinks He's A Puppy

That first picture. COME ON! Seriously. COME ON!

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

October 4, 2013 9:33 pmPosted 9 months ago
    Anonymous

Aah. So sweet! That is love!

Thumb up 2 Thumb down 0

October 4, 2013 9:56 pmPosted 9 months ago
    Venice Tucker

smart dog found lucky kittens safe lives wow amen cool good story I love it but cute dog with kittens lol :)

Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

October 4, 2013 11:47 pmPosted 9 months ago
    Anastacia

What a wonderful dog! Would love to know how he and the kittens are doing now – are they all in loving homes? I really hope they are! Can we get an update?

Woof woof! Thumb up 4 Thumb down 0

October 6, 2013 9:28 amPosted 9 months ago
    Anonymous

That’s awesome

Woof! Woof!

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

October 10, 2013 1:44 amPosted 9 months ago
    Anonymous

Dog’manity is higher and transcends hu’manity.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

October 11, 2013 8:53 pmPosted 9 months ago
    husky lover

who would have know

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

October 23, 2013 4:03 amPosted 9 months ago
    jons.thoms

my roomate’s sister-in-law makes $60 every hour on the internet. She has been out of a job for nine months but last month her pay was $17511 just working on the internet for a few hours. Going Here …http://chilp.it/f86818

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 2

December 1, 2013 2:22 amPosted 7 months ago
    ficello

Yes, this is a great story worth sharing over and over. I hope this dog is doing well, there are so many places besides the US that have even lower standards of neglect, sharing is caring and I hope this story brings care and hope to animals in need all over the world. I would love to know how this dog is doing now! Pets=Love

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

April 24, 2014 4:42 amPosted 3 months ago
    Ana Chaudhary

Some people do not care about them. This often happens when the people are not able to take care or do not have time to take care of these innocent animals. I just hate it when someone hits or throws them. I learnt a leason in my school that “If we give a little love also to the animals, they will give us lot more than us.

Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0