Allergic reaction leaves two dogs injured

Life With Dogs is reader-supported. We may earn a small commission through products purchased using links on this page.

When Brenda and Andy Terrant started noticing lesions on two of their three dogs, they couldn’t understand how their pets could have been hurt.

The wounds on dogs grew larger. The Terrants initially thought their pets were burnt by an acid or chemical substance, but that was not the case. A biopsy was done once the dogs were taken to the vet and it was determined that dogs experienced an allergic reaction that developed a bacterial infection. It is unclear what caused the allergic reaction, but it was concluded that the injuries were not caused by any chemical substance.

The constant licking and clawing at the wounds made matters worse. One of the dogs lost sight in one eye while the other just suffered a nose injury.

Both pets are home now and are being treated.

7 thoughts on “Allergic reaction leaves two dogs injured”

  1. This is the stupidest article I’ve ever seen. What are they allergic to, how long did the wounds develop, how can pet owners prevent this from happening to their dogs? Seriously disappointed.

  2. Ok people, settle down. Maybe they do not have all the information yet! Cripes, if any you critical posters above had any knowledge about allergic reactions, you would know extensive testing is required to confirm food or plant allergies. Since I am sure these poor pups never underwent allergy testing before they had the reactions, it would be almost near impossible to pinpoint the substance that caused the reaction. Perhaps Life With Dogs will provide more information as they receive it from the source.

  3. I agree with most of the other comments. A little bit more information could have/should have been gathered before reporting this. How long did the symptoms develop? How long before the owners saw the vet? What kind of allergy testing was done? Is more testing going to be done? What exactly is happening with the skin issue? How is it being treated? Will the one dog lose his eye? Are there children in the house? What kinds of interactions do they have with the dogs? What are the environmental conditions of the home and yard? Were the dogs taken to a park or somewhere else where they could have picked up an allergen? Are there any other known dogs in the community with like symptoms?


Leave a Comment