21 thoughts on “Dog Licks Laughing Baby”

1. C’mon, doggie. Do it some more. I like it!!! So cute.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

2. This is difficult to watch. These aren’t affectionate kisses. The dog’s trying to show it’s uncomfortable… moving it’s head away, looking away, panting, licking. I wish humans understood dog signals better.

• I agree Susan. I understand that the adults think this is cute and innocently allow their child to learn inappropriate behaviors with dogs. They also are ignorant of the stress they are placing on their beautiful patient dog. Dogs&Storks is a great place to start educating parents…if they choose to be educated. Perhaps it’s up to those in the know to start getting some other video out there, showing parents and pet owners what they should be looking for…before a tragedy occurs.

3. i don’t know….i think dogs need to know their place in the house and if there’s a baby, the dog needs to be patient….i understand if the baby was pulling the dog’s hair or ears….but this baby was not hurting this dog……

its just like taking the dogs food away while there eating, to be sure they’re not food aggressive and to teach them who’s boss….its mean, but its helpful to know the disposition of the dog….

• The dog’s place? The baby is the one who needs to learn respect for the nice doggie. Poke the puppy behind the fence with a stick enough and it WILL bite. This child also needs to know these boundaries for any other animals who may not be so patient.

• I’m sorry Lilly, but I believe teaching a child how to behave around animals is a vital skill and one which is sorely lacking in many of these “cute” videos.

This baby now believes it is not only appropriate to crawl all over dogs and put it’s face in theirs, but that it is pleasing to the parents as well. Just because this dog is handling it, doesn’t mean the next one will. This is no more appropriate than teaching a child to play with fire, in my opinion.

But then I also don’t believe that teaching a dog who’s boss is advisable either, for what it’s worth.

• I don’t see the dog turning it’s head away at all. In fact, it looked like when the baby looked up the dog started licking her again.
        Either way, dog didn’t appear to be posturing to get away.
        I think the parents know that their big baby isn’t going to hurt their little baby.
        I see no signs of stress in this dog whatsoever.
        What a sweet video.
        Some people are aways going to find the worst in everything instead of looking at what is truly going on.

• No some people are highly educated Applied Animal Behaviorists who have spent years studdying canine behavior. Be more open to professional opinion and be thankful that someone is voicing the truth. This is a dog bite scenario that occurs in households accross america each day. The parents will think it is the dogs fault if the bite occurs..trust me. To the untrained eye and unknowing spectators this is cute. But in order to be educated you must be open to the knowledge coming your way. Do the research for yourself..look at bite statistics and talk to your local behaviorist. Go to a University Behavior Department armed with this video and your opinion and please fill us in on your findings.

4. Geez, cranky humans! The dog is obviously fine with the baby. The same way old people will entertain puppies, this dog realizes that the baby wants his attention. When dogs are tired of entertaining, they walk away or growl. The dog and baby love each other…and are enjoying each others’ company. You cranky folks need to stop being so overly sensitive. Sheesh!

5. You two legged morons forget…DOGS LOVE HUMANS for the most part. Most breeds will protect human babies as though the babies are their own. The dog appears to be treating the baby as the dog would treat any puppy. Imagine the baby is a puppy. Do you see anything odd? No? Okay.

• Anything odd? Yep. Sure do. But, then. I am just a ‘moron’ and you are obviously SO much more intelligent than the majority here. Hope you have no baby to annoy the family pet. And what experience do you base YOUR most revered opinions, hmmm? Thought not. Just a overwhelming case of hubris. Look it up.

• When my two children were this age I had a cocker spaniel who did not care for children. She had a place under a table and the children were taught that when she laid there, they were to leave her alone. If they annoyed her, she would snap and yes, my daughter has a small scar from such a snap. I also disciplined the child. If the dog snapped for no reason, the dog was disciplined. I wondered, in this video, who was having more fun, the dog or the child. If the dog was annoyed, it would have gotten up and moved. I doubt that the parents allow this to happen all the time. It is a short video and it’s cute. But then again, I’m not against spanking a child of this age for doing something inappropriate or annoying, so I suppose I’m a bad person anyway.

6. I have read the comments and I do agree that the dog is starting to get tired of the baby. I think to let the baby see the dog for a minute is okay but I think that this went on a little too long. I like that the dog is so understanding of the baby and I hope the baby’s parents teach it to respect the dog. I think that the dog and the baby will be good friends for a long time if the parents teach the baby some boundries. I hope that they don’t let that baby bother the dog when it eats. Good luck dog and baby!

7. I asked a professional trainer and behaviorist to view this footage.
    She said this dog is showing no stress signs. It was a true love sign.
    This is a great dog. They have a great relationship.

• We all would love to know this Aplied Animal Behaviorist…You are as anonymos as this Certified Aplied Animal Behaviorist you spoke to. Whoever told you that is not a behaviorist. They did not go to any school of animal behavior. You have been lied to my friend.