Fan Photos: Remembering Josie

This is Josie.

My husband and I just hosted a fundraiser for Morris Animal Foundation. We lost Josie at age 5 1/2 years to mast cell cancer. We had three DVMs who spoke to the “walkers”, after they completed a one mile fun walk with their favorite dog. Please look at Josies Webpage at support.morrisanimalfoundation.org/goto/josieswalk .

Afterward we took her to the fish market and bought her a smoked fish. One of her favorite snacks. We miss her so much! This photo of Josie was taken three days before the first tumor appeared. It was a beautiful day spent at the beach and trail walking.

28 thoughts on “Fan Photos: Remembering Josie”

1. I am so sorry you lost your beloved Josie. She was much too young!

I pray that researchers find a cure for canine cancer. They are here with us such a short time as it is, we don’t need to lose their companionship even one day sooner.

2. Josie looks like our beautiful Golden boy, Drummer. He had brain cancer and passed 19 months ago. He lives in my heart, soul and memories forever. It is also my hope that a cure for canine cancer is found soon.

• hi, i know how u feel, i lost Brandon ( a mix labrador &samoyed), almost 4 years ago, he also died or cancer, he live in my heart thanks for strt a campaig for found a cure, here in my country just try to prevent, but it not enough, he leave so young, but i know he care about you wherever he go(i know in heaven , all the time i though brandon play with all dog we lost.

3. Awww so sorry for your loss of a beautiful dog. We had a similar pet years ago named Caesar who was so full of life and fun! He very suddenly developed lumps all over his body and in 2 weeks time had to be put down. Even the vet was crying with us. He had lymphoma and the strange thing was, my mom had just had a pap test come back as stage 4. She returned for follow up testing after Caesar had passed away and was told the results were clear now. We really felt it was a spiritual thing that Caesar had given his life for his mommy…greatest dog ever!

4. What a beautiful Josie and a beautiful photo. I am so terribly sorry for your loss. Breaks my heart. When we lost our Darby, one of the best things that helped was her eulogy that my husband wrote. It has been 2 1/2 years and we now have Cashmere whom we adore. But I still read my husband’s tribute to Darby. Hope this helps. Take care.

5. I too lost my beloved Shadow, a standard poodle, to canine cancer. He held on for about a year after diagnoses than sadly, he passed away at the foot of my recliner approximately 12 hours before I returned home from a 4 night trip out of town. Strangely, I had a terrible premonition and when I couldn’t reach my dog sitter the night before my return, I asked my neighbor to go next door and check on Shadow while I had him on the cell phone. As he walked in and saw and unresponsive Shadow by the foot my chair he said, “I’m sorry, it doesn’t look good” and then checked for a pulse and told me Shadow was gone. What a heart-wrenching plane right home that was 🙁 ‘ ‘ ‘ I feel never ending guilt for not being there with him but friends always try to tell me that sometimes pets just allow their bodies to shut down when they are alone ~ I do think humans tend to do that as well.

6. This has brought tears to my eyes. Josie was a beautiful dog and I am sure a wonderful companion. I lost my dog, Shadow Moon 4 years ago and he is still so close to my heart. Chyna Rose is still with me and still misses Shadow Moon. My Chyna Rose will be 13 this July. I know her time is limited and I dread the day I will lose her so I enjoy my best friend every day as much as I can. I am thankful for the joy my dogs have brought me and losing them is almost like losing a child, they are so faithful and trusting. My pets are family to me. God Bless you and remember the happy times with your dear Josie, such a beautiful dog.