Khalessi, the Noseless Former Bait Dog, Has Died

6.28.16 - Noseless Dog Khalessi Has Died6

You may remember Khalessi (not Khaleesi), the bait dog who was rescued last year.  She was found badly abused, her entire snout torn off in a fight.  She spent the time after her rescue being an advocate for other rescued fighting dogs.  Sadly, she was diagnosed with a terminal disease, and died on June 23rd.

Last August, Khalessi was found cowering in an Orlando backyard.  She was disfigured and was dragging her hind legs.  After being taken to a shelter, she was rescued by Passion 4 Pits.

6.28.16 - Noseless Dog Khalessi Has Died1

Given her extensive trauma, rescuers expected her to be fearful, but all this little 20-pound girl wanted was to be loved all of the time.

Khalessi had to undergo a number of surgeries on her nasal cavity and her broken pelvis.  She was on a long road to recovery, but she put on some weight and learned how to walk normally again.

6.28.16 - Noseless Dog Khalessi Has Died2

Her story gained a lot of publicity, which was used to advocate for other rescue dogs, particularly those saved from the hellish world of dog fighting.  She won “Underdog of the Year,” and the additional attention helped raise funds for other dogs like her.  Khalessi even got her own Facebook page.

Though Khalessi overcame major obstacles, she was soon faced with another hardship:  she was diagnosed with glomerulonephritis, a terminal kidney disease, and the tick-borne disease Babsia gibsoni.

6.28.16 - Noseless Dog Khalessi Has Died3

Though she was given 6 to 12 months to live, she did not show real signs of being ill until just recently.  On June 23rd, she stopped fighting the inevitable.  Her mom, Stephanie, let her baby’s fans know an hour later.

Khalessi told me she was ready and I could see she was tired. This morning at 8:43 Khalessi left this world and left a huge hole in my heart. Devastating is not even close to describing how we feel. However her memory and her foundation will continue on.

6.28.16 - Noseless Dog Khalessi Has Died5

If Khalessi had an impact on your life in any way please consider donating a dollar to [email protected] through PayPal or by going to www.passion4pits.com.

My goal with this request is to help a Baileys Way Rescue with outstanding medical bills and to help one of our strongest supporters who is out of work after being diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer at only 29 years old.  Khalessi loved Teagan and her kids and would want us to help. ~ Khalessi’s forever loving servant Stephanie.

6.28.16 - Noseless Dog Khalessi Has Died4

14 thoughts on “Khalessi, the Noseless Former Bait Dog, Has Died”

1. RIP Khalessi, Rest knowing you will never be abused or feel pain ever again. Your safe now. Just know you are loved.

2. RIP, Khalessi. Your time on earth was less than easy. I take comfort in the thought that you did end up meeting some compassionate people towards the end, and to enjoy some love before your life was over.

3. A heart of gold holds within it the true essence of love, compassion and understanding. Blessed be all of those individuals of such hearts that rose to the occasion of making Khalessi’s remaining days of life, days filled with great love and care. May Khalessi’s spirit continue to touch upon others hearts and bring about continued love, compassion and understanding that dogs are our companions and family members and not some materialistic thing that we can do with whatever we want. Run free among the heavens sweet Khalessi.

4. I am always amazed at how people could hurt such a sweet dog. She went through so much but even if her time when she was loved was too short at least she was loved and accepted. It means a lot to those dogs who are looking for love. To those people that think pit bull dogs want to fight need to see the film done by a rescue organization (I can’t remember which one) where they stopped where a dog fighting was taking place. When the rescuers went to get the dogs out of their cages, these dogs did not want to leave the cages and were shaking because they thought that their rescuers were going to take them out of the cages to fight again and they did not want to fight. People would fight to if they were in the same circumstances ie; if you don’t fight then you will wind up dead. It is called self preservation and animals have this too. RIP Khalessi

5. Khalesie RIP, girl I am so sorry that mankind was not kind to you and you had to suffer thru their senseless behavior but you did see that real humans with hearts loved you till the end. You will be deeply missed and your story has touched our hearts . Now you are flying amongst all gods angels and there will be no more hate or pain for you, but your soul will live in our hearts forever.

• U said that so nicely , thank u ,my feelings are the same but I can’t stop crying to write this , I hate humans animals as much better I wish we lived in a world where animals are equal to us hideously selfish nasty evil humans

6. I’m so happy that KHALESSI had the time to find out about true love and how to be a part of a wonderful family. I will always remember her because a long time ago I lived next door to a man who trained dogs to fight and many times I reported what he did but then not always would anyone respond and sometimes what he did would break my heart.
    I know you will always miss her but her memory will live forever!!!!!!!!!!
    Khalessi, Now you are God’s dog and he loves you as you are more than anyone. You will never hurt, be in pain, be sad or sick or tired, or suffer. Rest Peacefully in God’s loving arms forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!