Rescued Fighting Dog Reaction to Seeing Rescuer

11.5.15 - rescue2

In Chester, Pennsylvania a rescued dog is fighting for his life, but has that chance at something better thanks to the heroic human that noticed him left for dead on a roadside.

It’s suspected that the dog was used for fighting.  When the dog was no longer “of use” to the people torturing him, they dumped him on the side of the road for dead.  Someone noticed him lying there, and called Russ Harper.

11.5.15 - rescue4

“He was lying over there in the weeds where someone found him and he was just cold and lifeless.  I really thought when I picked him up he was dead,” said Harper.

When Harper found out the dog wasn’t dead, he knew there were only seconds to spare.  He rushed the dog to Keystone Emergency Animal Hospital, where he is staying for the time being.

11.5.15 - rescue6

“Pretty severe bite injuries and his body was very weak and on top of that a severe infection from all the multiple bite wounds he has gotten,” said Keystone Emergency Veterinarian Dr. Leanne Thompson.

Doctor Thompson said that there is no doubt that Remi, as he’s now known, was a fighting dog.  Harper refuses to give up on Remi, stating that as long as he is showing any signs of improvement, he will fight for that dog to the bitter end.

11.5.15 - rescue5

“As long as he keeps showing he’s getting better and not in pain we gonna continue to fight with him,” said Harper.

Harper got a chance to see Remi recently, and Remi’s reaction is one of nothing less that abject gratitude.  The video below says it all.

104 thoughts on “Rescued Fighting Dog Reaction to Seeing Rescuer”

1. In Singapore it is a law that every pet owner needs to have their pet micro-chipped. This practice eliminated dumping of an unwanted animal. I did not see any stray animals when I visited the island.

2. This will keep going on because the punishment for a animal abusing is a disgraces the law needs to become as cruel as what them dirt bags do to these animals bless everyone’s hearts that helped rescue this poor baby

3. I THINK PEOPLE HAVE LOST ALL TOUCH WITH REALITY, IF A DOG YELPS YOU KNOW IT HURTS, SO WAHT A PERSON DOES TO A DOG BE MAN ENOUGH TO DO IT TO YOUR SELF AND SEE IF IT HURTS, TAHNKS TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO CARE FOR ANIMALS LIKE ME, H I HAVE RESCUED 3 DOG’S IN MY LIFE AND I WILL KEEP SAVINF THEM IF I CAN.

4. What is WITH people to treat animals so badly?? These torturers are considered human enough to VOTE in our country. This is sickening. And what is ESPECIALLY with the maniac that cut off dog’s feet? WHERE does a person even think of doing this? Let me at him.

5. REALLY!….something like this gets only about a $1,000 fine !?!?!? what the hell, and what else are these assholes capable of, or already doing?!?! do we have to wait till it’s too late to stop these horror causing monsters? ..let’s get them, put them in a jail cell for at least a year…… with some dog/animal lovers…………….
    let’s see what comes of that!………….I think they probably would get treated just the way they treated dogs/animals like Remi….. and for all those other poor creatures that have been so abused, the same goes for their monsters, they have earned it and deserve all the hell they would experience in that jail cell……..get the word out!…… we’ve got to get them!

6. There are no words to describe the anger I feel!! I agree with many others comments, the people that do this to defenseless animals need to be given the same treatment rotting in a jail cell. If a human did this type of painful abuse to another human there would be more than just a fine!! I do believe in Karma, and that is what gets me through these types of stories. One day the people that commit these ruthless crimes will get what is coming to them and then some!! I do support the ASPCA each month and I am now looking into supporting Justice Rescue. We are the voice for these animals and if I ever saw someone do this to any animal I would hunt them down!! Lets make more noise about this everyone. I plan on writing my senator and congressmen for stricter penalties, and some hard time in prison to be passed into legislation. This must be stopped, PERIOD!! Thank you Justice Rescue! God Bless You!! Please lets all join together and do this!!